Monday 7 April 2014

Friday's P.R.I.D.E Challenge- The memory test (Your Homework this week!)

Good afternoon Room 12 students,
On Friday will be a very important P.R.I.D.E challenge. A memory test!
You will be shown an image, and all you need to do is choose which identify the label that should be with the image.
Even better, you get to see the answers first!
Underneath this writing, you will see twenty pictures, with a label saying what each is.
Your task is to memorise the label for each picture. There will be a few for you to pick from on Friday during the challenge.
There will be one fern dollar per correct question, BUT there will be a $50 bonus for anyone who can get every single one correct!


Here are the images and labels.


   Pansy
Small Red Rose.JPG   Rose

 Shasta Daisy Photo  Daisy

   Petunia

 Daffodil

 Sweetpea

 Poppy

 Gerbera
 Alyssum

 Sunflower

          Tulip

  Buttercup

  Dandelion

  Lilac

 Lavender

  Lily

 Orchid

 Gazania

 Daphne

 Fushcia


This link has some interesting information for adults about why memorizing is still an important skill.














29 comments:

  1. Wow Mrs love that PRIDE challenge is going to be hard. But I'm going to try my beast for the money on Friday. Mya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great attitude you have Mya. I bet that you will get all twenty as well.

      Delete
  2. the flower named fushcia was a bit hard for me to say but I got it.
    I love having fun in room 12. I wish that our hole class could go to splash planet and have lot's of fun.
    khushi


    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks hard but i will try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Liske, what a great attitude you have. Remember, it isn't called a challenge if it is easy!

      Delete
  4. skyla halton room 127 April 2014 at 23:17

    the flower named gazania was really hard to say for me but then i got it .
    i wish our hole class was filled all around room 12 with flower.
    really good flowers mrs love where did you find them.
    were the flower just in new zealand.
    skyla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Skyla,
      I found pictures of these flowers on the computer by googling them. All of these flowers can be grown in New Zealand, but (I think!) none of them are native.

      Delete
  5. guess what I know how to say all the flowers name off by heart. Tarshay

    ReplyDelete
  6. those flowers look beautiful. Tarshay

    ReplyDelete
  7. its tomorrow were gonna have to try

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHO HO!! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs love I like those flowers that you got on the blog good memory that you have there. Tarshay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Mrs love I like some of the flowers some I can not see I am Izrails friend from room 7 parkvale school william@parkvale.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. mrs love i like some of the flowers i kwon buttercup, poppy,sunflower, furisha,pansy lilly, daphne tulip,daisy lavender, daffodil, rose, orchid, danelion petunia, gerbera, swetpea,alyssumnikita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pictures of these lovely flowers Room 12: :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute flowers room 12 i like it

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like all of the flowers mrs love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice looking flowers some of those i didnt even know thank you i know more flower names

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are prity flowers

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the rosse

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are prity flowers

    ReplyDelete
  19. and the poppy

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow all the flowers are very preaty .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mrs love I like the flowers that you guys are learning about. kia pai and be koa in your leaning

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mrs love I like the flowers that you guys are learning about. kia pai and be koa in your leaning

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow those flowers are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the flowers they very amazing.Tarshay

    ReplyDelete
  25. skyla halton rm 127 May 2014 at 00:22

    WOW WHAT SUCH OF BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS WHERE DID YOU GET GET THEM FROM. SKYLA

    ReplyDelete