Sunday 6 April 2014

What do you think it is?


A selection of sand grains. (Gary Greenberg)

Lots of different jobs use a special tool called a Microscope. It is a bit like a magnifying glass, but much much much stronger. It can see things that people's eyes can't.
Scientists use them to study items, like diseases, animals, and many other things.

Here is a picture of something when it is put under the microscope.
Leave a comment with your best guess of what it might be.

Even though all of these items look a little different from each other, to the naked eye, they all look the same!




33 comments:

  1. Mrs love I think it is a shell . Tarshay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will find out tomorrow.......make sure that you read the information though!

      Delete
  2. I think it is sand. From George

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs love i think it is sand. bodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a shell. I can't wate to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs love i think it is sand because shels tern to sand

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a shell

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT looks like a bunch of stuff from diffrent things from other places. Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember that they are all the same thing!

      Delete
  8. I think it is a shell. skyla

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is a shell. nikita

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is a shell. shaydn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is sand. caleb

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think its a shell. don't know

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think it is sand. daniel

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it is sand. Mya

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it is sand VICTORIA

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it is a different coulerd Rock. Hope I'm Right

    -Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool that is a good fact

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked all the different stones and collars and hope you put more stuff on that I could coment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can comment on any post you like Ryan.
      Remember the question is
      What do you think the picture is of?

      Delete
  19. Wow these look like very special rocks.I love this post because they look very sparkly and like treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice and coulorful rocks shiny :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What do you think it is Manasseh?

    ReplyDelete